.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Monday, June 16, 2008

no pop no style

I left you guys with a big cliffhanger, for this I apologize. Saturday night I partied hard, mostly to forget Coinstar.

But after a night of slurping booze and a slow day of watching pretentious rock interviews, I decided it was time for Take 2. I would use coinstar.com's handy store locater and go to the second-closest machine!

This ended up being Western Beef Supermarket in Ridgewood, Queens. It's only 1.5 miles from my house, but New York neighborhoods change a lot in a mile and a half. Instead of walking, I rode my bike. Following is a pictorial essay.



Brooklyn not Burger King. Doy.

Enlarge this one, doesn't it sound grody?

Speaking of grody, it will be a small tragedy when I become desensitized to the large amount of disgusting shit all over New York City streets.

"Flushing and Woodward, but where's Western Beef?" thinks our hero.

Oh.



I disagree with Western Beef's simplistic economics.









Forty dollar lap dance!

No lap dance at all. :(

Epilogue: I dropped my camera taking photos while biking across this bridge. Say a prayer, it is in critical condition.

5 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I was hoping your purchase from the meat mega-store would have included some meat.
And, you rode your bike with that humungo catty litter? Be more careful please, do you Even Wear a helmet?
Is that how you spell that strange word?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger J said...

Christ, that's impressive.

Sorry to hear about your camera. I once dropped my camera at-but not in-the Grand Canyon and it took a neat picture of my shoes.

Um.

I am amazed that coin star worked. Next time try Commerce Bank. They do it for free and you win a prize if you guess how much money you had correctly!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Marissa Dupont said...

Fingers crossed about your camera!!! I don't use the wrist strap thingy it came with either because my cats play with it, causing the camera to fall off the coffee table/shelf/bookcase/counter etc. And yes, Fresh Young Chicken sounds nasty.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Alison said...

From what I've seen in this impressive, daring, and surely controversial photojournalistic expose, Boston has nothing on Brooklyn and Queens when it comes to astounding enterprises that are apparently appealing enough to be able to stay in business. Maybe they draw people in with their Coin Star machines and then mesmerize them with their exotic - if not repulsive - wares until they cough up their crisp new bills on pieces of meat with the words "chuck" and "butt" in them. Is there such thing as butt chuck? Oops, is my vegetarianism showing?

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger aprildawn said...

i dunno what you people are talking about..."fresh young chicken" sounds very inviting...better than
"ol' frigid bird".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home