.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

rebel yell revisited

Hi, I recently spent a night at a ramshackle inner-city hospital with a sick friend, slept all day, then came into work for a night shift. Felt like a confused squid. Here are some pictures from the last month of my life. bye.

A bagel with cream cheese, coffee and an orange juice for $2.65. Not bad considering it is the ONLY place to get food near the hospital in Bed-Stuy at 5am. Too bad the bagel comes with cream cheese pre-inserted, like these foul confetti hair favorites.

Familiar?

Don't be afraid to dream big.

You know the perennial barroom favorite Big Buck Hunter? That game where you shoot the shit out of big-eyed deer? In Wisconsin, I was a pro. Near Madison Square Garden, I got my clock cleaned. Do you ever hate your friends?

My not-lover Maria Bamford has a funny bit about the myth of the crazy office. In this photo my supervisor gets his eyebrows trimmed in his cubicle. Yesterday there were two skanky Russian models in our office, yelling at T that they specifically requested pink handbags. At the risk of alienating Maria, I'm gonna say my office may qualify as a little odd.

Jenny took me jeans shopping recently, made me throw out my old ones. Just like reality TV. RIP Gap baggy-fit.

Who likes to party?!!!

At another hockey game recently, this joker's friends were all rooting for the opposing team. I felt bad for him and made A-Swid give him cheese product.

Danno and I stumbled upon some unexplained detritus in the corner of a bar. Possibly magic treasure, possibly medical waste.

I'm still kicking myself that we didn't cut up the words in this temporary tattoo, spelling something hilarious and subversive like "She Moos".

Sign subversion near my neighborhood lumberyard. It's kinda true, there is fecal matter everywhere on that block.

8 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Cupcake said...

I hope everyone is okay.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Tori said...

Seconded!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger JD said...

Hi, I'm a newborn here... I stumbled upon your blog and I like it. I've been reading some posts and it sounds just like real literature. Some pics are also ok. I'll definitely drop in frequently.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger siouxzee said...

calamari

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger V said...

hell, i'll write some goshdanged captions.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger beth said...

i don't really smoke.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger aprildawn said...

hey, is that box of stuff from the rodeo bar?

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger jesse said...

cup and 7- everyone is more than okay, the robust picture of health

bbc- shut up

jd- thankee for the kind words, I will look at your blog in five seconds

sue lives alone with her cat.

v- you are busy

e- fake smoker, one of your jokes!

a- maybe? but I don't think so?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home