.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Thursday, May 01, 2008

This Modern Lunch

Today's picnic was on the Upper East Side. We didn't like the exposure of the median strip last week so *marlo* went searching online for parks. She found a park by the water called twenty-four sycamore, but when we got there we realized it was really just a paved playground. Ah well, it was secluded and quiet.

We sat looking at the toddlers on the swings and their caregivers. The game was "Are you the mother?" This game was really easy because none of the children were the same ethnicity as the women who were playing with them. Maybe that seems vaguely racist but I read The Nanny Diaries, I know a few things about the real world.

Oh man my sandwich was SO DELICIOUS! I won't bore you with the details but...oh you wanna know? Roast beef, caramelized onions, cucumber, tomato, swiss cheese and blue cheese dressing on a hearty hero. I mean, seriously.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger aprildawn said...

at a playground in davis square the other day, a little girl of about age 5 asked me, very randomly, how many languages i spoke. when i said, 'just one', she seemed annoyed and walked away.
i saw the same little girl at the whole foods in cambridge, and i swear to god, she looked down her nose at me.
the children in cambridge scare me.

 
At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about the sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home