top shelf
Hi all. So El Toro and myself went to a fun little music awards show last night, hosted by Patton "April's Boyfriend" Oswalt. Highlights:
-Patton, King of Queens notwithstanding, has some choice comedic chops. I really liked how he alienated hipsters consistently and aggressively. For instance, when Arcade Fire won for Best Band, Patton noticed a lackluster reaction in the audience. "What's the matter, did they sell too many albums?" he taunted. "Did the band lose their mystique once they started eating square meals?"
-The gorgeous lead singer of St. Vincent thanked everyone for voting her Top Female Artist, saying "This is really the most important thing you could be voting on this year."
Well I just took the picture of El Toro and I down, not because I appeared to have severe rigor mortis, but because my companera would be mortified to see it floating around the net (It's hardcore porno.)
-There was something completely asinine at the show, the Dell 'Blogger's Pit,' which was five or six computers set up for people to blog about the show while it's happening! I felt bad for the diligent little blogheads who kept typing even when the music was good.
-Nick Cave's mustache, nuff said. That guy actually has great allover style, I nominate him for my new awards, the Confettis. He is the only winner, voting is now closed. Thank you.
-My friend Mert lost his tickets the night before the show. This made me enjoy it even more, knowing that he was at home watching Lost and crying. I sent him a text, "I'm blowing Nick Cave right now!"

2 Comments:
Dude, peeped yer pic on the Dell Lounge. I'm really sorry to see that yer dying. buzz-kill!
My roommate was there because her best friend was nominated. Full VIP Nominee access, but still a weird awards show, I think she'd agree.
Post a Comment
<< Home