live through this
I got this delicious spicy chicken and rice platter for lunch today with yogurt sauce and mixed greens for four bucks. Okay, maybe it looks disgusting (like one of those menuboards in cheap chinese restaurants,) but it's actually wicked dope.
So right now, you're thinking, "Four dollars for all that awesome? Does Jesse work in the Magic District?" No my friends, I am just hip to the centuries-old urban tradition of street meat. Good, cheap and greasy. 
I got in a long discussion with a co-worker about streetmeat pros and cons today. He was passionately opposed until he smelled this stuff after I brought it back to the office. "Dang Jesse that smells great! It was only four dollars? You're so smart, I love you, etc." I win.
Not that I haven't had my problems...
post-script: I guarantee Cupcake or someone has some story of contracting syphilitis of the tongue from eating streetmeat. I will be very impressed by their urban acumen and will rue the day I ever found Delicious.

7 Comments:
nice way to slide in some of your newfangled street slang for "food from a cart on the street." it seems like you are changing so much sometimes.
courtney love
um...i always thought 'street meat' meant something TOTALLY different.
even then, four dollars would be a good deal.
(yuk yuk)
No, I 100% support this. Street food is great. Sure I sometimes get sick, but I attribute that more to the fact that they serve you enough food for like four people and I usually eat it all.
Try the carts on 6th avenue and the 50s. Those guys are true gourmets.
I even wrote a story about street food for a journalism class years ago. I think professor said it was too self indulgent.
This is Cupcake officially coming out pro Street Food. Check out this year's "Vendy Awards" here sponsored by the Street Vendor Project for Urban Justice.
ugh... I dont think that was what the "co-worker" said exactly.
e- I have not forgotten my country-fried roots
s- yes sometimes it's fun to say things
a- you still got it babe, never change
j- I ate it like three days this week, paul bunyan portions, and I can relate. felt like cholera but only had self to blame
c- someone else emailed me that link minutes before you. but now I have it twice, so.
who is henry?
Post a Comment
<< Home