1d) Vinnie Redux
You may remember that back in November, I got a haircut from a salty Boston character named Vinnie. Yesterday, I returned. Highlights (not a hair pun):
-The Playboys sitting on the stack of 'regular' magazines in the waiting area.
-As soon as I sat down, Vinnie asked if I minded watching the horse races. Apparently there's a network for compulsive gamblers that allows you to watch horse racing around the clock. The race of the moment was in South Africa. Vinnie told me to pick a horse to "pretend bet" on. All of a sudden I was eight years old again, watching the Superbowl with my dad.
"But I don't know who to pick, I've never done this before."
"C'mon just pick one, it'll be fun!"
"Okay, number 3."
"Hey that's a good one! Look at 'im go, he's in second, you're good at this!"
sheepish- "Thanks Vinnie."
-During the haircut, a flamey old businessman with a comb-over sashayed into the shop. He said this was his first visit and Vinnie quipped, "You've come to the right place!" Then the businessman said (and I quote,) "Maybe we should ask the handsome young gentleman if he likes his haircut...he looks like he just stepped off the pages of a fashion magazine!" The gentleman then assured me he used to be "hot stuff" when he was younger. I'm assuming he did not peruse the Playboys while he waited.
-My haircut looks like John Lennon, circa Rubber Soul.
-Yes, I got my eyebrows trimmed again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home