.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Monday, January 29, 2007

7) Here comes the bride


Rebecca sent me this brilliant clip about a bride freaking out on her wedding day. Wait about a minute and a half and it gets hi-larious!

It reminds me of a book launch we attended in Toronto for one of Rebecca's friends. The launch celebrated this compilation of nightmare stories about poorly behaved bridesmaids.

At the event, they had onstage competitions to win copies of the book. When they played "Pin the Penis on the Groomsman," they asked the audience for volunteers. Guess which Canadian comedienne shot her hand in the air and pushed up front to the stage? Rebecca pinned the penis on the groomsman's elbow but I'm still quite proud.

12 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger aprildawn said...

wow.
that's incredible.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't show this to jk...

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger jomilkman said...

girlz are lame (except for the one who's clearly having a blast watching the bride freak out).

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Marissa Dupont said...

I was kind of bored up until the scissors came out. Fine family fun! :D

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Tori said...

You'd think they would have opened the damn bottle over a sink. Oh lord.

In related news, I "won" a contest because I knew the most trivial trivia about my friend who married last fall. As my "reward," I got to break a penis pinata. There wasn't enough booze in the world to make the horror of that event go away.

...But maybe a free book would have helped.

Glad to see you back.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger siouxzee said...

I couldn't watch the whole thing because I started getting horror flashbacks about my own wedding. Only in my case, wasn't the hair but the in-laws.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger ka said...

this thing made me squirm in my seat. Too uncomfortable for words. I really pray that it's a LonelyGirl-esque set-up for the cam.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

I think you may be right, ka. I don't think that it was real. I bet they were actors.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Prahagirl said...

Oh! Perfect fit for the weekend I returned from (wedding in WI). The bride was/is a sweetie, but a little melodramatic--reminds me of your video clip...hmmmmmm

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger aprildawn said...

i'm sure you've heard by now that this was a hoax...they're all canadian actresses.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

ohh, they're canadian.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger jesse said...

yep, a brilliant hoax from our clever friends up nort dere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home