.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Monday, July 17, 2006

For you

It has been three days since I last wrote. In honor of each day, let me present three of the funniest things I said in that time period, as well as the warm accolades I received.

1) Funny: I came up with the idea of an all-male performance of the Vagina Monologues, where sensitive males prove to womyn everywhere that they are in touch with their inner vaginas.

Reaction: Griff said he already heard that joke in an indie movie.

2) Funny: I was in the elevator with my sister, on our way to the HR department to enter a raffle. There was an attorney in the elevator.
Jesse: Ooh, while I'm there, remind me to file that harassment suit against you. It's been on my to-do list for awhile.
Sister: Sure thing. I hope it doesn't make things weird with Mom.

Reaction: The attorney kept his eyes averted and appeared to grimace a bit.

3) Funny: April is spending the weekend with her husband in New York, celebrating their one-year anniversary. I wrote in an e-mail:
P.S. I'd be happy to go with you guys to New York. I promise that won't be awkward.
"Hey guys, what do you wanna do next?!!" (jumping up and down on bed)
"Uh Jesse, I think we want to be alone now."

Reaction: Total e-silence. Of course, I sent that e-mail about a half-hour ago so maybe I'm jumping the gun. We'll see.

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The elevator comment is my favorite. :D

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, cotter.
awkward times, awkward times, excellent!!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger aprildawn said...

sorry mr.hirsch...i didn't feel quite right sending you an 'e-giggle', or even an 'e-snicker', so i opted for 'e-silence' instead.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know that i now read you blog? (for once in my life) almost daily.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger ka said...

What if i heard that you were helpful, but that Mr. Hippie-pants was more than a necessary player?

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their blog is very interesting. Congratulations! ! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home