.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Friday, January 13, 2006

Everybody's Working For the Weekend

I've noticed that many of my friends on the sidebar have stopped blogging. Amy, Griff, Ms. B, Nicole and Suzi update like, never. True, B and m'lady have Internet access problems, but it's still starting to feel like I've got a bunch of dead links up there just to make me feel popular. It's like how I saw one of my Friendsters in Central Square yesterday and I didn't say hi, even though I hadn't seen her in months. And yet, she still pads my online popularity.

Wait, I'm getting off-topic. I actually wanted to apologize for not blogging this week. It's been really busy at work, and for once that made me work hard, rather than just melt into my cubicle and hope everyone else picks up the slack. But this weekend, hoo-boy have I got some blogging to do. To save money for the Venezuelan vacation next week, Nicole and I will not be hanging out. Instead, I plan to:
-learn the entire Spanish language (I'm on lesson 1-2)
-groom my new beard
-take pleasure in my own company
-eat Mike and Ikes
-blog like a bandit

I have made no social plans, save tonight with JoMilk and my sister- we're watching the Office (British version,) drinking Lite beer and eating hot wings. And on Monday, I plan to get coffee with Ms. B at my new favorite cafe. Other than that, it's just me, myself and my kittens.

8 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Griff said...

hey, i sometimes update once a week when i feel like it and i don't have anything better to do.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But who will take care of the banditos while you're in Venezuela??? It'll hurt to leave them for that long- so much cute will be missed! :)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger KayseaLove said...

even through you didn't mention me, I took a break from blogging also because work had me working for once too.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger jesse said...

G- my incessant nagging comes from a place of love. I love reading blogs at work, I really do.

M- I hear a potential catsitter calling. Not to worry, though, my kind roommates love the kittens to pieces.

k- yeah, what's the deal? your blogging absence makes me so ANGRY. or maybe hungry. I'm definitely hungry.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger ka said...

mike & Ikes eh? you're sick.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesse - more talk of the kitties please!!!! P Ferg wants to hear about the kitties!!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Coolhand said...

I'm sorry I didn't hear what you were saying, I was listening to Josh Gracin.

"Every booody's working for the weekend!
Everbody wants a little romance!
Everybody's going off the deep end!
Everybody needs a second chance!"

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger jesse said...

ved- I am human. I have urges.

suzyq- lay off, pal.

coolhand- there has been a lively discussion about the true meaning of this song lately. some people, like ved's roommate, seem to suffer from the delusion that it's a song about working overtime on saturdays. yeah I know that's dumb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home