.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Friday, November 18, 2005

A Big To-Do

On Wednesday I decided I had earned myself a tall, frosty three-day weekend, so I approached my boss in his office. Thinking quick, I said I needed to bring my car to the mechanic on Friday. After consulting his datebook, he said, "Well, there are four other people off Friday, but you got to do what you got to do."

Hey bossman, I tell you what I had to do:
-Lie on the hardwood floor in a patch of sun, yawn, stretch
-Think long and hard about clipping my toenails
-Clip my toenails, in two parts
-Finish The Parallax View, a seventies political thriller with Warren Beatty. The wildest scene in the movie was when Warren walked onto an airport tarmac, climbed the stairs onto an airplane and took a seat. After the plane takes off, the stewardess comes over and collects sixty-eight dollars for a ticket, like it was a train! Life was different then. Warren Beatty was less jowly.
-Bury an ugly cat sculpture in potting soil, leave by my roommate's bedside (more on this later)
-Enjoy the pleasure of my own company
-Dance around to Tatu>>>>>
-Eat an entire tin of rasberry danish
-Take a nap (I earned it)

Now it's 9pm on a Friday night and I feel guilty for being so unproductive. That's why I bailed on a night at the bar so I could blog like a good little doobie.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Prahagirl said...

lol we all need a day to "veg." No harm in it at all...but I must say that I have completely forgotten what those days are like....Thanksgiving break, here I come! (No kids for 4 days! I should clarify...No STUDENTS for 4 days!)

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesse- yer mean. did you delete me post here about you being a cat in a human's body? I am sad.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TATU is my favourite thing in the world. The end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home