Dusk in May
I haven't been writing for awhile because I was nervous about what to say. Part of it is that, half the time, I have no idea how I feel. I'm just settling into life. What I feel one minute changes with the beeping of a horn or a train ride or a phone call. When I say things now, I frequently think, "Will that be true in two weeks?" It seems like everything is changing at such a rapid pace, it's hard to keep up with my emotions. So why write something in my blog that doesn't end up being true?
But there's more to it than that.
I also feel like talking about all the fun and interesting things I notice here is almost a betrayal to my Midwestern chums. I'm afraid that my acceptance of Boston will be perceived as an implicit rejection of Wisconsin. This of course couldn't be farther from the truth; many days I ache for the kind people and slow pace and wide open spaces I left behind. I loved my two years in the Heartland.
But I am here now. And for the most part, I am happy. So I need to start talking more about the things I see and do, without worrying that I'm being rude or disloyal. I love Wisconsin, I love Boston; my heart is big.
I'm off to my sister's college graduation for the weekend (yay Briana!) but I'll be back on my game Sunday night. Cheers chums.

2 Comments:
dude - your many layers of meaning are too complex for us slow, simple midwesterners to process.
There are very few things that I would feel uncomfortable with you writing about, Jesse. Your time in Boston isn't one of them.
Post a Comment
<< Home