.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

787

This is my 787th post, you all have seen so much spiritual growth and maturity since I started...hey check this out!


So we did the charity soccer tournament this weekend and as much fun as we had, boy-o did we stink! Someone said Bad News Bears, someone else said They Shoot Horses Don't They? I was honestly kind of relieved at the general poopitude of the team because it distracted from my own floundering skills. Team roster:

-me, captain of the clearly sinking ship
-one talented but lazy Brazilian
-Josh Loss
-our star player, a 14-year-old girl
-4 lawyers, all of whom are technically the boss of me
-2 Haitian guys who were either hilarious or unintelligible, depending
-Cupcake was our designated cheerer

One of the lawyers, an intensely good-natured wiry dude, sure did like to fist-pound and laugh in my ear. That's okay, he also took out his credit card after the tournament and started our night at Mr. Dennehey's with a bang.

A boozy bang, which lasted until the bar closed down at 4:30 (at least for me and Josh). At which point I ate some chicken tenders on the sidewalk, then got lost, then fell asleep on the train and woke up in Dangerville Ghetto at 6am. In purple Umbros and a bright orange t-shirt no less. (Don't knock it, my gross outfit seemed to do pretty well in the bar. I forgot until right now how a spazzy girl named Nicole grabbed ten parts of my body while I chatted with her friend, sizing me up like a white slave.)

Funny aside- ESPN magazine thought my team looked good on the field and took some photos which they may actually publish. No one had the heart to tell them our record.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger J said...

Yeah, if you hear anything about those pictures, you let me know.

That Nicole sure did seem to have grand thoughts about you, I wish they had stayed longer.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger siouxzee said...

Orange and purple is going to big this year. I read about in the Times' Style section.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home