ramble on
-I think it's a little emasculating that, when I use my Extra Savings Card at CVS, the receipt says "Hello Mr. Jessica Shimmin!" Jessica was my live-in girlfriend a long time ago, and we were serious enough to have matching CVS cards.
-I just agreed to be co-captain of my work soccer team for the spring. This is a figurehead role but I intend to go mad with power. I'm scheduling our first practice on Christmas Day in the Bronx. There is no room for losers.
-With grad school deadlines rapidly approaching, I realize I should not have put off asking my old professors for recommendations until now. I'm using aggressive charm/begging as my tactic, though Beth Mullin suggests sending them a C-Note. "Hey teach, you may be too busy to help me, but what about your old friend Ben Franklin?!!!"
-First celeb sightings in the city- Amy Poehler and Martha Plimpton.
- The news gets more and more Mad Max every day.
3 Comments:
You're wasting valuable time by writing these posts. Start making your playbooks, Jose Maurinho.
Jesse - I (and only I ) got two former PDR staffers into grad school with my fulsome praise. That is a big word I learned by reading a Henry James novel. But, I wouldn't do it for you. OK, well, when that holiday shipment I asked you for arrives.
I assume you are looking to pursue a graduate degree in some sort of communicative purpose, no?
Post a Comment
<< Home