Ichiban!
I love Japanese class, so much. Fun facts:
-There's six students, black, white, Puerto Rican, Pakistani, Vietnamese and me (1/32nd Cherokee Warrior.)
-My teacher is a funny little spitfire named Mitsue (meet-soo-eh.) She laughs loudly at the hilarious things I say, such as- "What is the word for book?"
-I've sent a few text messages in Japanese because it sounds cool. I say things like, "Your engineer is on the fourth floor" and "Good luck with a German umbrella."
-I refuse to learn the actual written language. 1,965 characters (!) is too much for my overstimulated little cashew brain to absorb. After all, I'm learning how to live in New York!
-When Mitsue holds up flashcards with Japanese letters (Hiragana) on them, I make grunts that sound like every noise in the world.
-There are two Japanese verbs that mean existing, arimasu for inanimate objects and imasu for people and animals. Of course I had to raise my hand and ask about airplanes and robots. I would've been awesome in Sunday School.
2 Comments:
This reminds me of the story "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris, in the book with the same name.
nice words, thanks m
Post a Comment
<< Home