.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Friday, February 02, 2007

2) Something in the air

Okay friends, it's time to come clean (if that's even possible.) I'm ankle-deep in the forbidden love between man and skunk. I know, I know, these things never work out. I've seen enough Pepe cartoons to know that the love is sweet until the stink starts flowing.

But the thing is, that I've already seen Mr. Skunkle's worst side. He lives right outside my window and has started freaking out and making squealy infant noises late at night. Also he released his stinkload several times, so strong that my eyes watered while lying in bed. I've witnessed how bad it can get.

But last night, as I was sitting outside smoking a cigarette before bed, I saw the little guy wandering around sniffing stuff and burrowing here and there. He had a funny shuffling little gait and the innocence and curiosity of a child.

All of a sudden my heart went out to him, I realized it must be pretty lonely to be a skunk. The misunderstandings, the ostracism, the pain! Maybe his horrible midnight mewling and his stink bombs are just a cry for love! Maybe I am the man who can see through his outer repugnance and love the little kitten within! Maybe I shouldn't smoke so much pot.

related note- Don't be alarmed, Rebecca is very open-minded about my sexy skunkings. In fact, she bought me a ceramic skunk for Christmas and signed herself up for this mission in Toronto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home