.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Going to the Chapel

My 'friends getting married' counter is now at 4 with a bullet. Has the world gone completely kookoo? Or am I 28 years old, living in a state of suspended adolescence?

Either way, I intend to get drunk and make a scene at my friend Craig's Wisconsin wedding in October. This will be my form of protest. Rebecca will be my 'handler.'

7 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger siouxzee said...

why does Craig want to get married?

I'm here, as a bitter divorcee, to give a thumbs-down on matrimony. He should at least wait until he's 40.

And everyone who reads this blog must go see "Little Miss Sunshine." It's a pee-your-pantser.

Jesse, stop by after you have your stinky Bob burger.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Prahagirl said...

Yea well I got you beat...my "friends getting married" bar has now hit 8...I think it will stay there for a while as the remaining four of us seem pretty set in out ways :)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger jesse said...

Don't tell him I said this, but have you ever noticed that craig has the face of a middle-aged man? I wish I could agree about Little Miss, I thought it was a mediocser.

Set in your ways= Dedicated spinster aunts? Too weak to fight for the bouquet? Lesbians?

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger siouxzee said...

jesus Jesse. how can you not like a movie in which the grampa describes how his stay in the retirement home gave him "second-degree burns on his Johnson."

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Prahagirl said...

Set in your ways = terrified of commitment :)

(It's not just a guy thing ya know...girls just know when to admit it!)

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm practically engaged and this shit still bothers me. Goddammit I hate weddings. There's nothing fun about watching family members try to dance to the shittiest music in all of existence. Not to mention all the bullshit Hallmark "traditions" created by the wedding industry (and the diamond industry). Don't get me started... :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger jesse said...

sue- I liked some parts but there was too much silly slapstick. "Hey let's hoist the corpse out the window and load it into a moving van! Zany city!"

pra- Oh, so you are a lesbian. That's cool, I don't judge.

marissa- I'm picturing you saying "don't get me started!" with a healthy helping of sass. Would it kill you to ask us to talk to your hand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home