Scribble Fever
An unanticipated side effect of my surgery recuperation has been a renewed interest in writing. Not only here, but also at my new site, Heartland Hinterland.
I intend for the new site to be part of a bigger project, kind of a rough draft for something I'd eventually like to get published. One of my old UMass professors, Maddy Blais, said she would help me edit and try to get it published. She won a Pulitzer once, so that is rad. Beth Mullin didn't win a Pulitzer but she is also going to help me.
On top of that, blogfriend April is looking to start a writing group with me and a few other folks. We are meeting for coffee next week. And thanks to Cupcake, someone from this website will be setting my stories to music for a "Pod-cast" (not quite sure what that is.)
This is so exciting, I'm staying in on a Friday night to write.
Sorry milkman.
4 Comments:
'exciting' rhymes with 'spiting'
Wow, rock on. My blog has helped me slowly enjoy writing again... Emerson had pretty much made me hate it for a long time... :)
So you've gotten in touch with the Blais again since we talked about her last spring? Cool. In honor of all this crazy writing stuff, I'm gonna update my blog.
Writing groups are so wonderful! I miss my college writing group (okay, it was really only 3 of us, but it was great nonetheless)! If you are looking into a little more, check out Fictional Musings. It is a blog of writers who write short stories and flash fiction. I recently had a story on there. Just another venue if you were interested!
Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home