Triple Threat
I'm at work early. I don't know why. Here's three quickies.
1) I watched about half of Mask last night. I am riding the fence on whether or not I like it.
Con- The depiction of the high school power structure is laughably idyllic. Eric Stoltz, looking like squashed fruit, shows up for his first day at a new high school. He gets a few comments like, "Take off the mask" and "Check out Frankenstein" before the kids accept him for the gentle hip dude he really is. In one scene, he teaches his classmates about the Trojan War, using phrases like "This Odysseus dude is like, totally kickin' butt..." When he's done, his classmates all clap. C'mon now. I remember my acne was enough material for weeks of derision and abject cruelty. This kid, likeable as he may have been, would never have been let off the hook that easy.
Pro- Sam Elliott as bad-ass biker (with a heart of gold) Gar, showing up at a party, buddy's girlfriend on his arm, wearing a T-shirt that says "Moustache Rides." Oh yes.
2) Just so you can have faces to put with names, here is a picture of my roommates C-Smoove (left) and Sharon, taken right before Christmas. The spooky torso in the back is Ron, Sharon's rockin' man-friend.
3) I think they may end up as friends after all. Mister Lady has taken pity on Grayskull's black heart, much like Cindy Lou Who and the Grinch. Now when Mister Lady tries to play with Skully, the reaction is less like hissing and violence and more like grumbling and annoyance. By tomorrow, I predict a love picnic. In this photo, Mister Lady is wisely suggesting to Grayskull that you get more bees with honey than vinegar.
6 Comments:
when he got to the part about the trojan horse, all he'd have to say about it would be: "the trojan horse: one of history's great tricks."
Oh lordy, the kittens, they overpower me with their cute! Please post more photos of kitties (and include captions). Thanks.
I hated that movie like a mofo. I had to watch it in peer ministry when I was in high school. It was to help s accept people's differences yada yada yada. I hate the way to blatant imagery and Cher. But the fact that she's a druggie is amusing.
Just be careful with all those cats. They may seem cute now, but they are wild animals, like zebras and crocodiles and when they grow up, they'll eat you and everyone you care about. Trust me, two of my room mates have cats and they ate our third room mate. We use her room as a solarium now.
When you said, "Mask", I thought you meant MASK, the cartoon. I'll blog about it, since I forget how to do the HTML tags right now.
true dat, milkman.
the kitties are sick of their newfound fame, marissa.
cuz'n- it wasn't so bad, just kind of bad.
josh- so how did you escape the cat's wrath, pal?
coolhand- I used to make that mistake when I was younger, I remember.
Post a Comment
<< Home