.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sailors

When Nicole and I were first falling in love in Wisconsin, we shared a hobby- collecting vintage photos of strangers from flea markets and tag sales. We spent our work days making up stories for each photo and emailing them to each other. Now that I have a scanner, I'd like to show some of these pictures and see what they make other people think. Click on the picture to enlarge.

7 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger ShellBug526 said...

I love old photos. I buy them at every flea market we go to. I also like old postcards that were mailed. I bought a huge collection of them at a yard sale for $10 and spent hours reading them. I would love to see more pictures.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you checked out Found magazine, you'd love it if you like that kind of thing, check it out: www.foundmagazine.com. As for this picture, I could go two ways: 1- The guy in the middle is the leader and the guys flanking him are his two homies. 2- The guy in the middle is about to get fucked over by the two guys flanking him. Or both actually. :)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Dan said...

That's a really cool thing to do. Post some of the stories you've made up for the pictures. (Make it the racy ones.)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Vulture 6 said...

As a Navy Vetern someone in that photo is out of uniform. They are all in dress uniform, however one is Dress Blues and the other is Dress Whites. There is a cut off date when you switch, they are never worn in the same season.

Still it's a gret photo!

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger KayseaLove said...

So if these were the last three men on earth: I think sailor number one is HOT stuff.

What a beautiful way to fall in love, especially in Wisconsin.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's the famed 40's vocal group Fancy MacDougal and the One-Armed Seamen.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger jesse said...

shellbug- cheers to your noble endeavors!

marissa- thanks for the heads-up on Found. As far as your interpretation, I believe the term is 'frag.'

bellig- Will do. I'll post something to keep you warm during the long, hard winter.

vulture- I knew something was fishy.

b- have you told me about your costume this year? I cannot recall.

kaysea- word.

race- Lordie could they jig...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home