Cleaning house
Items:
1)A breakfast burrito with a cup of coffee at The Wrap costs $2.85. I didn't want coffee. The breakfast burrito alone cost $3.50. The worker didn't seem to understand what's wrong with paying more and getting less. I suggest you get the coffee.
2)On Monday I was walking to the wine store with Jenny. She was blah blah blahing about how she always wears the same rings and they're so special to her and she hasn't taken them off for years and then decided to remove them this weekend and it feels so liberating and so on and so forth. I remember thinking, "I understand I'm the sensitive male friend but this is Sooooooo boring." Now, two days later, I've lost the ring I've been wearing for five years. That'll teach me to be mean inside my head. Jenny has powers. *
3)Jon and I were eating outside today. Actually I was eating and he was watching. Friggin' creepy, come to think of it. But I digress. While I ate, a dapper old man in a blue blazer came over to us and said in a strange accent, "Hey I wanna say it makes me feel good to see two guys just out smiling in the sun and happy and..." He kind of trailed off and said something about girls wearing low cut shirts. Then he reached into his blazer and gave us each a handful of mints from the Harvard Club. Jon gave me his mints. What a sucker.
4)I need to stop getting up in the middle of the night and eating ice cream. It gives me troubled sleep, disturbed dreams and a taste in my mouth like rotten melon. The next day I always act really weird too. This morning I was staring at the toilet, which was acting up, and I remember thinking, "God's hand is everywhere." Yup.
5)Someone at work recently told me that deaths come in threes. I am alarmingly superstitious so my feet started to swell up and I got hives on my Adam's apple. I thought, "My co-worker Jack was number one, so who else?" Well I just sent a letter to state Senator Charles Shannon, asking him to help reform voting laws. I got a letter from his staff today informing me that he died of leukemia. Does the important death on Six Feet Under count as number 3?
(This is meant as no disrespect, I just don't want anyone else I actually know to die. I had a tough enough time dealing with Jack's death and I didn't even know him that well.)
*Jenny hates the Inter-Web and doesn't read my blog but I told her about this mean post so we're straight.
1 Comments:
lost and found, amiga.
Post a Comment
<< Home