.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Confetti in my Hair

Monday, April 18, 2005

swallowed

I was talking to katie derksen on my cellphone right before I reached New York.
KD- Get off your phone and pay attention!
JH- What's the big deal?
KD- I just got the mental picture of you and your little truck getting swallowed up by the big city. It was a bad picture.
JH- Why's that?
KD- Dude, it's sca-ry!

it was kind of scary. I got lost at some point in Newark, New Jersey, which is no place to get lost in (danger, death, etc.) Using modern technology, I called Nicole on the cell phone, she got on the "Inter-net," typed in where I was and talked me through to safety. The future, it is now!
It's not just about safety, though. In a bigger sense, the whole idea of me and and my petite truck versus the big cold urban world is a little terrifying. I forgot about the world's harder edges in Wisconsin.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - there's some pretty damned sharp, twisted rusty shards of edges here in cheese state. i done been dragged over 'em all.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesse, I prayed for you after that conversation ended. I thought to myself, "Damn I would feel really guilty if he died over another one of my lameass stories."
Then, I came to a realization: New York City can't be THAT much bigger than Portage. I mean, come on ...
-KatieDerksen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home